six years and still under 50 posts.

12.01.2001

today is AIDS day worldwide. it's an interesting coincidence that the movie I'm working on now for my freelance gig at TNT is Philadelphia, Jonathan demme's 1993 film about AIDS and homophobia. I've come across a few interesting stats regarding the cessation of AIDS in some demographic regions in the States, which is good, but there are now disturbing figures about it's rapid growth in Eastern Europe and Africa. this CNN article shows these staggering new figures.

there is one person I know who is HIV positive. he's also battled cancer recently, and so far it looks like the chemo and other radiation therapy has destroyed the cancer. what I've seen from this person, through the cancer and his living with HIV has been nothing but courage and upbeat vibes. the chemo knocked him out for a while, but he's since recovered and responded well, partially or mostly I believe because he refuses to let his illness touch his soul. he's an inspiration to me and all of his other friends who have been fortunate to be around him. God Bless you Thomas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home