six years and still under 50 posts.

12.03.2001

"You know, I've been doing this for 12 years and have reported some pretty scary things. But I get this sense that the world is changing and it's gonna be bad for a while. I guess every generation goes through this. Our parents must have felt the same way in the 60's when King and the Kennedys were killed, and the nation was in the middle of an unwinnable war. A wave of ultra-conservatism was sweeping the nation and civil rights were forgotten. It's just weighing me down, because I'm hoping to start a family, but I don't even know with the economy how it is, that I'll even have a job in two years. "
-- from a friend "in the know".

after seeing the recent suicide bombings in Israel ( and counter bombings in Jerusalem,) I seriously started feeling this same way over the weekend. no, not about starting a family; about the fact that things are really going to get bad for a while before they get better. all over the world. I'm not going out to the street corner with billboards proclaiming the end is near, but I think fighting around the world will continue to escalate.

what does excite me from all this "evil" is that generally it seems that our culture, in terms of new ideas, and energy--basically creativity--- heightens around uncertain times ; times of strife. This is when revolutionary ideas, creations, and ways of thinking start to grow.

a creative buzz is starting to resonate. what will you do?

I'll tell you what I'll do--
right now I am going to have another cup of coffee. would you care for one too?

(rhyming not completely intentional)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home