six years and still under 50 posts.

1.18.2002

an article on the new head of cultural affairs at UCLA. Sefton is the guy who's bringing the States the all tomorrow's party this March. here's a snip from the article-

"Sefton was hired away from London's South Bank Centre, where he programmed "Contemporary Culture" in the Royal Festival Hall and founded an enormously popular summer festival, "Meltdown." He got away with most of what he tried there. "Of course there was a sense that I was there as a token gesture to radical culture. And there was that sense of "Oh, I'm not sure we can do that.' But at the same time, in my last festival, I did put a band called Fuckhead onstage at the Royal Festival Hall -- who did finish the show completely nude and covered in wallpaper paste. Mad, extreme, Austrian. And the fact is, I was allowed to do this, in the center of the old guard, the absolutely conventional cultural establishment."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home