six years and still under 50 posts.

2.19.2002

alright alright -- can't quite remember how to do this ..... ah yes, just turn off brain and type. here we go. hey thanks to you folks "missing" kbk over the holiday break, I missed you too. I had dug a large and muddy hole for myself in quantity of work so I had to start climbing out and , to continue on this same boring metaphor, I now see sunshine.
I also went out and did some camping at joshua tree national park. my friend stuart and his brother lee are secretely sherpa's I'm convinced, for they are all knowing and resourceful when it comes to outdoorsy things. kalen ( who kicks ass 'cause he's always game for adventures like this ) and I were in awe over their endless bags of camping goodies - collapsable plastic bottles for the tea they made, a hand crank radio, which was maybe the most kick ass item there. lee cranked it up just as some deep voiced am radio personality started reciting edgar allen poe. so picture it -- back country -- no one around - camped up next to tarantula holes and tumbleweeds and coyote poo, we sit bundled up with no fire -- no fires allowed in the back country -- with edgar allen poe being read through a hand-crank radio under the biggest and brightest starried sky I had ever seen.
after a trip like that I can't help but to have a new perspective on things.

oh , and an added bonus for the next couple of weeks for you KBK faithful is the one and only krazy larry annie humphrey kickin it here at the korner -- she may pop in from time to time and spill some hot krazy on you. watch out - it burns.

happy to be here!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home