six years and still under 50 posts.

4.24.2002

I'm approaching age 30 and my body feels like it's already there. kalen joined the hollywood Y up the street, where I am a member, so now I'm going again after an 8 week hiatus, easily imposed with the banner to "clear up my lungs" from not smoking. so we played raquetball sunday and basketball yesterday. I am not good at basketball. I wrestled in the winter at high school. I played a season when I was a kid, and I think I averaged like 2 points per game. so what started yesterday as a one on one game turned into a 2 on 2 game, then it was six on six. I wanted to quit after the first two on two game, but we were pressured to continue. by the third game of 6 on 6, I was red-faced and my eyes felt like they were bulging from my skull. I resembled ozzy working out for his tour. at one point I tried to intercept a pass with my leg, and the ball deflected into an opposing team member's face. then I was faked out so badly the guy was laughing about it. that asshole. part of me wanted to scream " ok, wanna wrestle, huh ? what about soccer?" luckily I kept my mouth shut.
kalen fared pretty well although he hasn't exercised in some time. he's 21, so it can't be that bad.
either way we learned our lesson and made reservations for a raquetball court on the way out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home