six years and still under 50 posts.

7.03.2002

I never really felt holiday anxiety -- that odd tension of having to DO SOMETHING on holidays - something significant maybe, something exciting, something grand. I never felt that pressure. maybe because I was in atlanta forever where I had offers to do things -- the lake, a BBQ, some random party, whatever.
tomorrow is the first post-9/11 Fourth of July. It's also my first 4th in the land of West-World -- and there is a feeling that I should be doing something Big, Grand, Exciting, Momentous and Memorial. Thing is I don't know many folks out here yet -- and those I do know have called to ask ME what's happening for the 4th.

There is also that feeling to stay indoors, order food, and isolate myself from the world where I can nestle in the comforting glow of the TV and my small selection of DVD's.

But if I get lonely at home, can I call you? just let me listen in on your party for a while ? please ? I won't bother anyone, promise. just set the phone down in a central party room and It'll be like I'm almost there. Thanks.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home