six years and still under 50 posts.

8.06.2002

maybe it wasn't the nicest thing to do at 8am, but,

you see, my roomate and I have been looking at this **GREAT** duplex in neighboring silverlake. it's a 40's mod design in the hills .. low, bamboo lined ceilings, japanese style doors, a set of brady bunch stairs, a huge deck looking out to the hollywood sign. it's a few doors down from crispin glover. the place is perfect - I work from home and sweeney would be substitute teaching at a school that was literally a couple of blocks away. it was perfect. we found out about it because I know the girlfriend of the guy who lives below the duplex. he gave a good word to her about us and we saw it and the landlady ( kristine) and I talked and she said she'd give it to us for $1500, that we were first, that the neighbor liked us, and that it was ours to lose, but she had already planned an open house that had advertised it for $1600, but "not to worry because I have a good vibe from you guys." we dropped by on the open house to meet them, and she proceeded to back out of her $1500 offer and said we had to now pay $1600 if we wanted " to be in the running for the place." I bit my tongue and didn't say a word. I couldn't do anything. I had to smile and nod my head. At that point I had a feeling it wasn't ours anymore. so today she had her softie nice-guy husband call at 8am to tell us we didn't get it --
I said ok to him , but then called right back hoping she would answer. she did.

me: kristine?

her: yeah ?

me: "I just wanted to call and tell you we don't want the place anyway 'cause we don't like doing business with people who lie. you lied to us, kristine."

her: what ? I don't...(something unintelligible..)

me: how does it feel?

her: how does what feel?

me: being a liar, kristine. how does that feel ?

her: "ummmm uhhh I don't know what.... I can't talk... sorrry..... bye."

wow that felt good. I may just call back tomorrow to ask her liars feel on wednesdays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home