six years and still under 50 posts.

11.26.2001

I love W I L C O. these guys are great. I think they are bearing the torch for the alt-country community to follow, along with steve earle . They had just completed a new album when they had problems with their label. they left and in the meantime, while being courted by virtually every label, they released their entire album online ( which they just took down - doh!). yeah, I know it's been done before, but I say there is a difference - the other folks who did this that I can remember were madonna and smashing pumpkins. both a little, how yousay, past their peak? well no marketing ploy here. Wilco are at the top of their game. after the Mermaid Avenue sessions with billy bragg ( they play old woodie guthrie tunes), I became a true believer. they write and perform some of the most simple, beautiful and harmonious tunes you'll ever hear. If you haven't heard 'em, go buy Mermaid Avenue or Being There from these guys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home