six years and still under 50 posts.

11.27.2001

It's time to play catch up on work the next couple of weeks. I am a contract writer (freelance) for TNT. The job kicks ass. I can work out of the house here in LA, so basically I set my own hours. The downside is that I work out of my house, so it's easy to get distracted , especially with two other roomates who are sometimes home during the day. The computer is in the living room area, so it ain't easy to get away from the commotion of the house.
The other downside is that I'm here at the pad most of the time, so there is little chance to meet people in this town. Because of this I have made an agreement with myself that I will get out of the house at night. There's a cool little coffe shop close to me where I always see celebs and apparently it's busy at night so I'll start there. There's also this great performance venue called the HBO / Time Warner Workspace about a block away that has not only stand up, but comedy skits - some of which I believe are improv based. the kicker is that it's free, too. I have been out to see bands at a few cool spots, and I will continue to do that, but sometimes it's not the best place to meet the ladies, I guess it just depends on whose playing and where. These things I will figure out as I plan my subversive plot to one day sit on the throne as king of LA.

Right now is crunch time though - I have to save up for the holidays, which means more worky - so what am I doing? clowning around here in kool kobby's korner - which is cool, but, y'know it ain't a real corner. (did you know?) I mean, I wish it was 'cause then I 'd turn it in to a cool jazz cafe. or maybe a punk dive. either way, it would be a place for hip ladies to dig the soothing vibes of kool bobby. no cover charge, and we'd be open from " 8 until..." maybe hamotam would play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home