six years and still under 50 posts.

1.22.2002

california is dry as hell.
this is the one part of the westward move which I have yet to acclamate. every day - dry, dry, boogies. these dried parchment pieces don't deserve the fun visualizations that one imagines when one says the word boogie. you say booger and I think thick wet gooey balls of snot. I grew up with these plump fluid filled nuggets. my parents made me get allergy shots in an attempt to rid myself of these glorious goodies, but to no avail - I soon established a new allergy to cats, forever solidifying the quasi-habitual visitations with my gooey neighbors to the north.
but all that has changed since I left the fertile mucus lands of the south.
I now find myself sniffling and often probing my nasal orifices from time to time in a pathetic and fruitless attempt to resurrect these dried flakes and turn them back into the plump and moist tissue bullets which they so aspire to be.

you say get a humidifier, I say if I end up with one more noisey gadget in my room I'll have successfuly replicated an ICU room.

no, I am to go through this arid part of my life journey without a crutch.
bood bye dear boogies. see you in that eastern crossing, lads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home