six years and still under 50 posts.

1.29.2002

I have a chips and salsa hang-over from the indominable casa vega. this casa, in the valley, gives host to a number of tequila and fried flour starved individuals each night. It's not "Baja" or healthy mexican food, its lard-filled and deep fried throughout and I love it. the salsa's hot and the chips have the right amount of salt and crunchiness and everytime I leave I feel bloated and for good reason: from the moment I step into its dark covey doors, my arm starts jittering, just waiting to start shoveling chips and salsa into my mouth. when we finally sit all conversation stops and a mad scramble ensues. chip, salsa, mouth. repeat. tears streaming down my face. glorious pain. order something that I can't possibly eat but its ok here at casa vega. no judgement eating. its low lighting reminds me of a cheap strip club, and for good reason. folks are here to sin and indulge. god bless casa vega.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home