six years and still under 50 posts.

5.29.2002

two things have helped make me more at home and happier in LA than anything else: a laptop and a bike. the laptop was a godsend from matt, my liaison at tnt, and it arrived a couple of weeks ago. it enables me to get out of the house and go anywhere I want to write -- well, almost anywhere - I'm waiting on a replacement battery for it, and when it arrives I will have freedom. that's big. I'm driving across the country (new york to LA) in a couple of weeks and am now unconcerned about falling behind with my projects. now I can relax and enjoy the trip with my friend annie. I can't wait. I love driving trips, especially with friends that you can act like a screaming fool around.
The other source of comfort here is the bike kalen bought at a garage sale. he's been in atlanta for a couple weeks, and I've commandeered the bike - peddling it everywhere - to the gym, the grocery, post office. yesterday I took the laptop to a coffee shop on it. love it. I am in the early stages of triathlon training, so I'll eventually need to buy a decent road bike - but until then the murray with the big spring seat will do just fine, until kalen gets back. I'm already planning on poisoning him so he can't leave the bed -- wait a sec - can I trust you to keep this quiet ? good. thanks.
today I'm going to the beach somewhere to work. Or at least close enough to the beach in a place that has an outlet for the 'puter.

liberty !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home