six years and still under 50 posts.

3.11.2002

warning - celeb name dropping post, for a first timer who had an all access pass at the SAG Awards show


somehow I found myself on the proverbial red carpet during yesterday's SAG awards. yes, I called my mom, and a couple of friends, and you could actually see me in the background while Jules and Steve Ko-met-co were interviewing ben kingsley, as well as a few others. I was ' That Guy ' in the background with a cellphone on my ear. pathetic, yes. fun, oh yes!

to list the celebs I was very close to would be lengthy, but a couple of fun moments during the show and at the after party:
1. meeting a champagne guzzling jim broadbent as he was staring perplexed at an evian filled water massage bed with a petite blonde shimmying onto her back. "What the hell is that - ( he looks around ) - an orgasmatron?"

3. minnie driver 2 feet away from me getting her dress stuck on some terribly embarrassed young lady's sequened purse for an uncomfortable-for-them yet funny-for-me 4 minutes.

4. overhearing minnie driver introducing herself to robert altman and mentioning how she'd love to be in one of his films.

5. russell crowe and adam goldberg smokin cigs with jennifer connolly. russell was very touchy touchy with her. I became jealous of his aussie star power in flirting with her. it's cool, though, my band is better than his.

6. jennifer connolly. of all the beautiful women there - including halle berry, cameron diaz, minnie driver, nicole kidman, uma thurman, connolly was by far the sexiest. I couldn't take my eyes off her. she WILL be mine. I'd pull a Say Anything boombox bit oustide her window. that unbelievably attractive.

7. almost the entire cast of the sopranos hangin out together in a room at the party, like, well, the sopranos. pretty funny if you saw it. joe pantoliano, by the way, gets my vote for "guy who i think is the most cool and down-to-earth" at the show. during the actual show, while I was in the media room, many celebs would walk through to go to the bathroom. ryan phillippe twice , both times with head down-- too cool for school. david spade, as cocky as I thought he was ( in an "I'm walking to the bathroom" kinda way ), but joe pantoliano came in and just started yappin on to whoever would listen, often snapping pictures or winking at people like me. quite funny in contrast to the others.

8.on the red carpet before the show, I was excited, of course, and spun around at one point, where I very nearly head-butted sam waterson.

I tried hard to get in as many celeb pic's as possible. I haven't had a chance to look online yet, but I will post any that have my mug in them tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home