six years and still under 50 posts.

3.04.2002

I saw two movies recently which I think are damn funny. one is wet hot american summer, which came out in october, and the other is john landis and the zucker bros. kentucky fried movie. they both are not at all high brow humor. one of them contains an extra fart audio track on the dvd, the other is even more obnoxious than airplane. I loved them. funny as hell. wet hot american summer was written by a couple of guys from the old show The State, and also features janeane garafolo, david hyde pearce and amy poehler, who is already top in her freshman season SNL class. I have loved her work since her days, before upright citizen's brigade, as andy richter's brace-faced younger sister character on conan.
w.h.a.s. is a spoof of all those meatballs - y summer camp films. it seems so stupid on one hand, yet it keeps bouncing along, taking bizarre angles to typical summer camp storylines. funny stuff. I have wondered what those people on the state were up to. I want to be in the sequel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home